Role : Desktop Operations Manager – Field Services
Location : Milan
Languages : Italy and English
We are looking for an on-site Desktop Operations Manager that will oversee the local desktop operations function and co-manage relationship with our client, a leading retail/investment bank with circa 4500 users based in Italy
Primary responsibilities are:
• Desk side Support Management
• Manage Team based in Milan that provide Incident Management, Request Services to our client
• SLA Management including Incident and Requests
• Oversee Local desktop operations (Productivity, queue management, escalations, aged tickets, shift coverage, incident/request validation, general quality, Asset Tagging and Inventory Management )
• Oversee the Warehouse Service
• Oversee Vendor delivering Field Services to 350+ Branches in Spain/Portugal
• Customer Relationship Management
• Regular meetings with Team and Client and external Partner
• Work with other members of the global management team in Desktop Support and Service Desk to enhance the delivery globally.
• Provide leadership to the Desktop Support Team including coaching as required
• Reporting and MIS
• Assist with scoping small/mid sized projects and oversee
Skills, Experience and Qualification Required
• Ability to interact with staff/customers so as to ensure that the service is polite, efficient and responsive as the contract required
• To work through issues analytically to a successful conclusion
• Ability to communicate at different levels within the organization,
• Understanding of Financials, including cost control, project revenue/costs
• Speak Italy and English Language. Any other European Language (French/Dutch/Spanish/German etc..) are an advantage
• Strong customer service and team management skills
• Ability to manage/motivate people and teams,
• Must be detail oriented and self-motivating
• Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills at senior level,
• Relationship Management – internal and external customers, Flexibility, Presentation Skills and Team Skills
• Flexibility with respect to time – client deliverable need to be met with a Can do attitude
• Excellent problem solving / quantitative/ analytical skills
• Ability to provide consistent, excellent customer support to entire staff, representing a variety of personalities and management levels
• Must be detail oriented and self-motivating
• Ability to write business cases and justification documents, Ability to manage multiple work streams
• Ownership and Drive, Ability to make difficult decisions, Multi –Tasking, Ability to Priorities, Working Under Pressure, Impartial – Working on behalf of Clients
• Excellent understanding End User IT infrastructure – Desktops, Laptops, Printers, Handhelds, Smartphone and industry wide operating systems and applications i.e Windows 7
• Detailed understanding of IT Infrastructure in a Corporate Environment – Server/Network/Database
• Strong technical skills in Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems and business productivity applications i.e Windows 7, MS Office, Outlook etc
Location of work will be the client offices in the Barcelona.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
• 5 years End user computing experience , with at least 2 years in a management role leading a team(s)
• Strong Analytical and Data Analysis Skills using Microsoft excel (pivot tables/vlookups etc..) and other reporting tools
• Exposure to Finance i.e Budget Control, Project Pricing Proposals.
• ITIL professional will be preferred
• Ideal candidate would have exposure to project management (desktop deployment, migration projects)
• Ideal candidate would be expected to have a 3 years experience of IT Infrastructure in a corporate environment
• Ideal candidate will have previous vendor management experience
• Ideal candidate would be expected to have a 3 years experience of Troubleshooting tool, preferred tool ServiceNow with CMDB module
Need to have detailed knowledge and manage resources (on-site/field) at various locations in the region to complete the below activities:
• Accurately testing, identifying, repairing, resolving, and documenting end user technical issues regarding /desktop support, printers, PDAs, BlackBerrys, and LAN cable drops
• Providing 2nd line IT support services to the business community ensuring that all requirements are met within agreed service targets
• Troubleshooting and resolving software issues; reimaging computers/hard drives Backing up and restoring settings and associated systems administration activities
• Taking ownership of issues through to resolution on all appropriate requests.
• Categorize and prioritize end user support requests and service requests by utilizing a Customer ticketing system to track tickets and provide up-to-date status and information.
• Move equipment associated with escalated help desk incidents and service requests
• Performing asset inventory activities as needed.
• Trains and orients staff on use of hardware and software.
• Recommends and / or performs upgrades on systems (Workstations & Printers) to ensure longevity.
• Ensure all tools are used in line with policies and procedures, including Incident, Request, Knowledge Management and Knowledge Management
• Deliverables to include ensuring the proper levels of run and maintain support and hands-on assistance for IT infrastructure projects /upgrades (workstations)