Data Infrastructure Manager - Global eCommerce Leader - Bangkok
Our client is looking for world class development managers / architects to lead their data engineering team and bring it to where it belongs: the number one spot. This role is one of the most significant and challenging roles at the company. You will be extremely hands-on, technically excellent and well versed in solid engineering principles as well as be an exceptionally strong leader and demonstrate first rate people development skills.
You will bring:
* Leadership skills, ability to inspire others and good communication skills
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Information Systems / Engineering / related field
* At least 10 years experience in software development in agile environment
* At least 5 years experience in management of development teams
* Experience in architecting large scale systems with preference to big data
* Experience with big data technologies - Hadoop, Cassandra, Spark, Kafka, etc..
* Experience troubleshooting problems and working with a team to resolve large scale production issues
* Experience with configuration management systems (eg. Puppet, Chef, Saltstack, etc) and version control (eg. git, svn)
* Lead the devs in the group to develop the right culture and methodologies within the team
* Set the KPIs for the team and work with team leads to make sure they are met
* Sign off any architecture or design within the teams
* Build the road map for our big data ecosystem and set the milestones and commitment from the teams
* Represent the data platform team and products outside the team, collect requirements and push for adoptions of new features.
Some tech used:
Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Impala, Scala, Avro, Parquet,Sensu, ElasticSearch, Python, Django, Postgres, Vertica, Graphite, Grafana, MSSQL, AtScale.
About our client:
They are the largest and fastest growing online hotel booking platform in Asia. And as part of a larger group of companies, they are part of the largest online travel company in the world. They have the dynamism and short chain of command of a startup and the capital to make things happen. In this competitive world of online travel agencies, finding even the slightest advantage in the data can make or break a company. That is why they put data systems in our top priorities.
Their systems scale across multiple data centers, totaling a few million writes per second and managing petabytes of data. They deal with problems from real-time data-ingestion, replication, enrichment, storage and analytics. They are not just using Big Data technologies, they are pushing them to the edge.
While they are proud of what they've built so far, there is still a long way to go to fulfill their vision of data. They are looking for the right person to lead their core data platform team, architecting the solutions and pushing the adoption at the teams.
If you feel you are the right candidate to assist them get to the next level then get in touch! Our client loves like minded people who demand success and ensure it's reached!
This job is based in Bangkok and would require you to join the Bangkok office. We welcome both local and international applications for this role. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available.